Alaska’s U.S. Senators
Alaskans may not agree on everything, and Republicans may not always agree on every issue — but both of Alaska’s U.S. Senators agree that Kevin Kastner is the RIGHT choice for Alaska.
Terre Gales –
“As a former police officer, I know that Kevin Kastner will support Alaska’s law enforcement agencies. Kevin will partner with the police to ensure our neighborhoods are safe. I share his concerns for public safety and encourage everyone in District H to vote for Kevin this November 8th.”
- Former police officer
- Veteran of the United States Air Force, served in Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom
- Lives in Senate District H
John Daily –
“I have known Kevin for nearly 20 years. He has consistently shown his trustworthiness and dedication for doing what’s best for the community. I support Kevin and believe he has the character and commitment to make a great representative in the Alaska Senate.”
- Highly respected Anchorage Police Officer of 37 years
- Family friend for nearly 20 years
- Pilot, adventurer and all around great guy
Mike Woods –
“Kevin has been a strong supporter of giving students hands-on opportunities to learn and build working experience. His leadership became clear when he led the development of an urban-rural student exchange around the Iron Dog race. Students have taken away valuable cultural and economic lessons thanks to Kevin’s support.”
- Anchorage Resource Education Teacher for more than 26 years
- 20 years working in the resource development sector
- Led the Alaska Railroad student recruitment and workforce development program since 1993
Lee Butterfield –
“Kevin Kastner has volunteered hundreds of hours to media students as part of the Arts/AV and Communications Pathway at South Anchorage High School. His time working with students in the areas of graphics design, marketing techniques, and entrepreneurialism has been beneficial to our students and our program.”
- Innovative and award winning Anchorage School District educator since 2008
- 2015 BP Teacher of Excellence, 2015 Alt AK Teacher of the Year
- PBS Digital Innovator, PBS Teacher Innovator
Scott Davis –
“I have been involved in the Iron Dog race since 1984, and witnessed the event decline and almost die at one point. In the last 6 years, I have seen the race grow to become a world-class event. I believe Kevin Kastner was the piece of the puzzle that had been missing for decades. Since Kevin took the lead as the Executive Director, the event has grown to levels that have previously never been accomplished. As we face tough economic times, I believe Kevin has the foresight and ability to guide the Iron Dog and Alaska through uncertain times. I fully support Kevin in his race for State Senate. “
- Seven-time Iron Dog Champion
- Founder of Davis-Block, an award-winning Alaska business
- Pioneer and community leader
Outdoors & Recreational Access
Erik Burney –
“Dear District H voters, regardless of party if you ride a snowmachine or ATV to hunt, fish or just have fun then you owe it to yourself and the future of access to get out and vote for Kevin.
Motorized recreation is hugely important to our state economy and yet gets virtually no help from the Legislature. Kevin made the Iron Dog a world class event, he understands our issues, our contributions and our needs.
He will be an important ally to all of us no matter what district we live in. I don’t say this as a fan or a friend but as a past president of the Anchorage Snowmobile Club.
If you live in districts 15 or 16 and you own a machine, or want to then get a Kastner sign in your yard and talk about this race to your friends and neighbors who ride, whatever they ride.”
- Past President, Anchorage Snowmobile Club
National Rifle Association –
The highest rated and ONLY non-incumbent state Senate candidate to receive an Aq rating from the NRA.